What are cookies?
Cookies are usually pieces of information or code that a website transfers to or accesses from your computer or device to store, and sometimes track, information about you.
Cookies let websites remember you and your preferences, manage different features and content, store searches, and personalise content.
Some cookies only last while you use our Site (or app). Some cookies are used to remember you when you visit again, and will last for longer.
We use strictly necessary cookies if it is in our legitimate interests (balanced with your rights). We use all other cookies with your consent.
What cookies do we use?
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personal information.
- Functional cookies These cookies enable our website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Performance cookies These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and we will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Targeting cookies These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other websites. These cookies work by uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Personalised advertising cookies We use Google Ad Manager to deliver advertising on some of our web pages. In order to do this Google may collect or receive information about you. To opt out or find out more about Google follow this link: https://policies.google.com/privacy.
How can you manage/disable your cookies?
To manage your cookies, please use our cookies tool.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, the website may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off.
If you want to disable cookies on our website, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Select the Tools menu > Internet Options
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Click on Advanced within the Settings section and select the appropriate setting
- Select Settings > Advanced
- Under Privacy and Security > Content settings
- Click Cookies and select the relevant options
- Select Preferences > Privacy
- Click on Remove all Website Data
- Choose the Tools menu > Options
- Click on the Privacy icon
- Select the Cookie menu and select the relevant options
Opera 6.0 and further
- Choose Files menu > Preferences
- Select Privacy
We last updated this Cookie Notice in September 2022