Equality, diversity, inclusion and belonging
Equality, diversity, inclusion and belonging are core to our purpose.
We are making good progress:
- 12 global staff networks celebrate and advocate for diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Guidelines for creating better and more inclusive products and services
- Regular surveys ensure that the views of our people from all over the world are helping to inform everything we do
- We are a Global Diversity Champion for Stonewall, Europe’s largest LGBTQ+ rights organisation
- An anti-racism toolkit has been launched in the UK and US
- A global gender pay gap action plan has been created to drive positive change
- A global equality, diversity, inclusion and belonging academy has been introduced which includes peer-to-peer, conscious inclusion and LGBT+ inclusion training
But we’ve got more work to do.
Our ambition is to help unlock the potential of millions more people. Millions more learners, teachers and researchers who can see themselves in our work, enjoy equal opportunities and feel they belong.
Breaking down barriers
We oppose discrimination and act inclusively for all people, irrespective of race, gender, sexuality, religion, belief, disability, or age. We want everyone to feel welcome at Cambridge.
We will help widen access to education as we innovate to remove barriers and enhance support. We will enable millions more people to reimagine and realise their futures.
Leading the way
We are embedding inclusion principles in our people, product, and operational strategies, each tailored to reflect local cultures, priorities and needs.
We are strengthening governance to ensure we are consistent in how we apply our policies and creating an ethical framework to inform our approach.
Welcoming and supporting everyone
Our people are the key to change.
We need to welcome and involve colleagues and partners from across the globe, from all walks of life, with diverse ways of being, thinking and showing up. This will help us to better understand those we’re trying to reach, make more informed decisions and boost our educational impact.
Building a vibrant and rich culture
We are creating a vibrant, diverse and inclusive culture of belonging.
A place where we each feel included and accepted for who we are, wherever we are, across the world. A place where colleagues act with care and respect, and where we all feel we can pursue our potential.
Our approach in action
Creating and designing products for all
We want to create and design our products for everyone, by embedding equality, diversity, inclusion and belonging into our design, creation and production processes.
For example, our race and power collection, available as open access and updated quarterly, brings together academic book chapters and journal articles about the deep historical roots of racism and the different forms it takes around the world.